Dogwood weekend is May 6-7, and the theme for this year’s Adams Fiber/Blessing Health System Dogwood Parade is “Community Connections.” Parade participants are encouraged to use the theme to show how their businesses and organizations are connected to their clients/members, connected to Quincy, and connected to the world.
Registration for parade entries has begun–click here to sign up. The cost is $25 for non-profit organizations and $50 for businesses. The amount of entries will be capped at 125.
Annual Dogwood events include the Little King and Queen pageant (click here for the registration form), Dogwood Dance, and entertainment in Washington Park. For food vendor space and miscellaneous entertainment in Washington Park, contact Theresa Godman at (217) 223-4186. For craft and art vendor space, click here for the vendor form. You may also call Bill Wolters at (217) 223-1563 or Gale Hill at (217) 224-5862.
***Dogwood 2017 Schedule:
Thursday, May 4
- 7:00 p.m. Little King and Queen of Dogwood Pageant, Quincy Mall Center Court (CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM)
Friday, May 5
- 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Concert in the Plaza, First Mid-Illinois Bank Plaza next to St. Boniface Church
Saturday, May 6
- 7:00 a.m. – noon, Quincy Farmer’s Market opens, Washington Park
- 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Charitable street for the Madonna House, 18th & State and 24th & Harrison
- 8:30 a.m., Breakfast on the Lawn, First Christian Church, 1415 Maine
- 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Amusement Rides, food, crafts in Washington Park
- 9:30 a.m. Parade, 24th and Maine, proceeds west to 6th St. Please bring a canned food item for the “Operation Serve” collection for local pantries.
- 12:00-3:00 p.m., Entertainment downtown
- Noon-4:00 p.m., Live acoustic concert inside Washington Theater, 425 Hampshire
- 6:00 p.m., Dogwood Dance sponsored by the American Business Women’s Association (ABWA), at The Elks Club, 311 N 2nd Street. A buffet-style dinner will be served at 6:00. Dancing starts at 7:00 with music by Raised on Radio. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased in advance from any member or at the Chamber Office.
Sunday, May 7
- Noon-4:00 p.m., Amusement Rides, food, crafts in Washington Park
- 1:00-3:00 p.m., Entertainment downtown
- 1:00-4:00 p.m. Log Cabins Open House, Quinsippi Island
- 1:00-5:00 p.m. Quincy Preserves Spring Home Tour
***SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE